These essential oils will reduce tension, relax your muscles, and help you to fell completely relaxed. It’s a cheap solution that can drastically improve your quality of life.
Essential oils have been used in a variety of cultures for hundreds of years, including Egypt, China, Southern Europe, and India.
The great advantage that essential oil have is that they’re made from basic roots, bark, flowers, and other natural ingredients.
Not to mention, they can bypass your blood and brain barrier, directly impacting the parts of your brain in charge of feelings, such as anxiety, depression, panic, stress, etc.
Below, are our top 10 recommended essential oils for relaxation and how you can use them.
Best Essential Oils for Relaxation
Lavender is one of the most common essential oils that used today.
It’s fresh and inviting floral aroma is both calming and soothing.
It’s best used to help reduce stress and insomnia, as a calming agent, and to improve concentration.
Talking about anxiety, recent studies have shown that using essential oils may be one of the most effective ways to reduce stress.
In fact, one study, in particular, showed that lavender entered the bloodstream in under five minutes by rubbing the essential oil on the skin.
Take it for stress headaches. Rub two drops of lavender onto your temples to help relieve tension from a headache.
– For immediate calming rub three drops of lavender onto your palms and breathe it in. The scent will enter your amygdala, which is your brain’s center for emotions, to experience an instant calming effect.
– Making a lavender herbal tea can be an effective way to help you unwind from a long workday.
Fortunately, all you need is a small dab of rose oil to experience peace and tranquility.
Believe it or not, rose essential oil has the highest vibrational frequency at 230 MHz, which proves what a power essential oil it is.
Rose oil can be used as an important tool for people suffering from depression, but can also be used to increase self-esteem and hope.
– Rub two drops of rose oil on your neck and wrists for an immediate pick-me-up.
– You can also inhale rose oil directly by placing two drops on your wrists for quick, calming effects.
– Drop a small amount of rose oil in a differ to fill your home with the scent to create a happier atmosphere.
The essential oil Eucalyptus can help you feel refreshed nearly instantly.
Thanks to its minty smell, eucalyptus essential oil is great for increasing energy, relieving stress, and fighting mental fatigue.
One of it’s best primary uses is to combat colds, cases of flu, and congestion.
If you’re ever feeling tired or sick, using this essential oil can help you get better quicker or be used as a fast, pick-me-up.
– Apply it topically to your feet, sore muscles, temples, wrists, etc. for the essential oil to calm your body after a long day. If you’re suffering from a cold, you can rub it on your back and chest to get better quicker.
– Drop a small amount in your shower and inhale for best results. Not only can it help clear up any congestion, but it can also improve your mood.
Frankincense is sourced from Somalia, where it is derived from the Boswellia carterri/sacara tree.
Due to its molecular structure, it can travel through your blood-brain barrier to relieve your depression or anxiety.
It’s commonly associated with a number of faiths and is believed to boost spirituality and intuition.
– Drop a small amount in a shower to inhale and reduce your stress levels.
– Place a few drops in a diffuser to feel relaxed all day long.
Cinnamon leaf essential oil is full of anti-inflammatory properties and works well at relieving aching joints and muscles.
It also helps reduce drowsiness and acts as an energy booster if you’re feeling mentally or physically tired.
– You can inhale a few drops placed on your wrists for best results. The essential oil will only need a few minutes before kicking in.
The scent of lime essential oil is exactly the same as that of a lime.
It is a great scent that can make you feel uplifted and more refreshed.
In no time at all, you will be feeling more relaxed, positive, and energized.
Lime essential oil is especially recommended for those suffering from the stress of grief or fatigue.
– Utilize your aromatherapy diffuser with your lime essential oil. This can cleanse the area and make you feel more refreshed. In fact, lime is perfect for stressful work or home situations.
– You can also inhale the lime oil for a quick boost of concentration. Simply open the bottle and take a whiff.
This essential oil is what’s known as an adaptogen. This means that it reacts different depending on how the user is already feeling.
The ylang ylang essential oil can make you feel either stimulated or relaxed.
In fact, it is especially helpful when you are experiencing stress caused by anger.
The oil will give you a sense of inner peace in this case.
– Place a few drops of essential oil directly on your feet, wrists, back, and neck. This will limit any feelings of agitation you may have.
– you can also drop a few drops of oil in your aromatherapy diffuser. This oil can transform an entire room into a more relaxing environment.
Peppermint essential oil can do a lot more than just freshen your breath.
This oil contains menthol which is a natural anesthetic that provides people with a cooling sensation.
It has an energizing scent that will help you to remain alert, relaxed, and focused on the task at hand.
– Apply the peppermint essential oil topically.
Rub a couple drops on the back of your neck or on your shoulders.
This will help you to feel refreshed and calm, especially if you are feeling physically or mentally worn out.
– For a small pick me up, inhale peppermint essential oil directly. Rub a drop of oil under your nose or smell it from the bottle.
– Put a few drops of essential oil in a diffuser. This will help you to calm down, become more focused, and improve your concentration.
If you want to reduce tension or get rid of stress, consider suing cedarwood essential oil.
The smell of this oil prompts the brain to release serotonin, which is a neurotransmitter that works to stabilize moods.
Serotonin is converted to melatonin, which aids in managing and controlling sleep patterns.
This is what makes cedarwood essential oil great for promoting sound sleep, too.
– Use your diffuser. Put a few drops of cedarwood essential oil into your diffuser and let it run for at least an hour before you go to sleep. This will help you relax for sleep.
– Inhale the oil from the bottle. You can also inhale it by rubbing a few drops on your hands or wrists.
– If you feel any tension from stress in your head, you can apply one or two drops on your temples right above your eyebrows or at the base of your neck.
Lemongrass has a relaxing scent that many consider being one of the most pleasurable scents in the world.
This essential oil is useful for soothing anxiety, stress, insomnia, and agitation.
This was proven by a 2011 scientific study that observed the effects of lemongrass oil on mice.
The experiment found that, when lemongrass essential oil was present, mice experienced a shift in their gamma-aminobutyric acid levels.
This is a neurotransmitter that aids in alleviating stress.
Therefore, smelling the fresh scent of lemongrass oil can limit the effects of anxiety and help you to relax.
– Inhale the lemongrass essential oil directly from the bottle. You can also rub a few drops on your hands and cup them around your nose. You may also choose to place a couple drops on your wrists in the morning or on your pillow before going to sleep.
– Drop three to five drops of essential oil into your aromatherapy diffuser and simply relax.
Anxiety and stress are an everyday part of life for a great number of people. Many have trouble relaxing, which can lead to all sorts of issues like anxiety and insomnia.
Relieving stress the natural way is often a great option for a lot of people.
With these ten essential oils, you can easily adjust your mood and feel much more relaxed.